Friday we faxed our application to three game distributors who service the area. I spent most of the night on Thursday working on this with my trusty Starbucks in hand. I can do anything if I have coffee :)
Saturday & Sunday Kevin and I went up to Lisle to spend time with his son Sam, Sam's step-sister, cousin, ex-wife, and her husband who were staying at his mom & step-dad's. It was a full house.
The weather on Saturday was wonderful. Before we arrived in Lisle we took a detour to IKEA to check out some items for the store. We picked out tables, book cases and even candy jars. Now for the borrowing of a van and spending some money!
Even though the weather was great, the boys spent much on their time on the couch playing with their electronics!
I enjoyed my time with Sam's teenage step-sister Britt, who is already taller than me. She was really excited about Zombie Fluxx and we played at least three games of it over the weekend. Even a last minute game before we all hit the road to head home.
On our way home, we stopped at Dicks Sporting Goods in Bloomington so I could try on new shoes (my birthday gift to myself). I found a pair that I really liked and ended up buying them that day. Shot out to the cashier who gave me $10 off without having the coupon!
Monday I feel ill. Real ill, not the I don't want to go into work ill. Luckily some rest and love from our furbabies had me up by the afternoon and still made a semi-productive day out of it. Ordered my new knee brace even though I've been walking without it I would like some added support when I start jogging and got Kevin a new pair of running shoes and shoes for work.
Later that night, we celebrated the birthday our of new friend and closet MTG player at BWW. We had a blast with them and their friends! It was great to meet more people from the area!
Tuesday greeted us with great news. We heard back from TWO of the distributors that we were approved! Of course, great news called for a celebratory dinner at El Rodeo with Brett and Sam! Hmmmm... Mexican Food!
No comments:
Post a Comment