A few weeks ago, my husband and I decided to open our own game store, Board Knight. It has been a dream of his since I've known him and even before then. Due to his wonderful employment benefits, we were able to acquire the start up money.
We have also been very fortunate to have strong support from the community including but not limited to our landlord, Decatur Gamers, friends, and family. Fellow Decatur Gamer helped us create a simple yet very awesome logo:
We have filed the state paperwork and have received our approval to open June 1, 2013, received our tax ID number, opened the bank account, met with the insurance man (but I still need to get back to him about a few things). Now we are working on filling out applications for game suppliers/vendors and hope to these these out soon!
It's very stressful for something like me how worries about everything (money, time, relationship, and I can even worry about stress).
I am also in the middle of a lifestyle change. Since around this time last year I have lost 30 lbs. I hope to lose another 15 lbs this year by May 2014.
Before:
Current:
I currently work out about eight times a week between cardio and strength training at the Downtown Fitness Center in Decatur. It's in the basement of my work building so I have NO excuses. My eating habits still need work but nothing can change overnight.
That wraps up the entry for today. More to come tomorrow.
Thanks guys!



No comments:
Post a Comment